Maryland Criminal Defense and Bankruptcy Law Firm
Glen Burnie lawyer provides diligent support for some of the most important legal issues you may face
To many people, any type of legal issue creates a traumatic situation. You may not know whom to trust to provide reliable advice and handle the myriad of forms and processes to obtain satisfactory resolution. The Law Office of Robert A. Siegel, P.A. dedicates its practice to two vital areas of the law — protecting your rights within the criminal justice system and protecting your financial future through debt relief.
Aggressive defense for individuals facing criminal charges
With more than a decade of experience as a criminal defense attorney, I help individuals obtain the best possible outcome in a full range of criminal cases, including the following:
- Crimes related to controlled substances. Whether you face relatively minor marijuana possession charges or have been arrested for more serious drug crimes, I am dedicated to unraveling the details and helping you avoid conviction.
- Use of alcohol or drugs while driving. Driving under the influence (DUI) and driving while impaired (DUI and DWI) represent more than traffic citations. I provide the serious defense you need to help retain your license and avoid severe penalties.
- Assault crimes. Charges of assault, including sexual assault and domestic violence, can lead to convictions punishable by fines and long prison sentences. However, these charges are often unfair and inaccurate. I work tirelessly to dig into the details behind the charges to provide the representation you need.
- Theft crimes. Charges for theft crimes run the gamut from relatively minor petty theft to armed robbery. However, even convictions for misdemeanor theft offenses can carry jail sentences. Regardless of the severity of your charges, you need diligent counsel to handle your case with authorities.
Protecting your financial future through bankruptcy
Contrary to common belief, there is no stigma to filing bankruptcy. In fact, a bankruptcy filing offers significant benefits that help many individuals obtain the fresh start they need. My law firm is a debt relief agency as described in the Federal Bankruptcy Code. I can help you pursue the relief you need through two types of consumer bankruptcy:
- Liquidation. For individuals who qualify, Chapter 7 bankruptcy typically offers a relatively quick and easy way to eliminate debt. In essence, the process entails selling off certain assets to repay some or all outstanding debts, often leaving you debt free.
- Individual debt adjustment. Individuals with regular incomes can elect to negotiate new loan terms by filing Chapter 13 bankruptcy. This process enables you to fully repay your loans, typically over a period of three to five years.
Either type of filing immediately triggers a temporary stay that prevents creditors from pursuing any debt collection efforts, including harassing phone calls, repossessions and wage garnishment. During your free initial consultation, I can answer your bankruptcy questions and help find the solutions that best meet your needs.
Contact an experienced Glen Burnie defense attorney for immediate legal support
For a free initial consultation about criminal charges or financial concerns in Maryland, contact the law Offices of Robert A. Siegel, P.A. in Glen Burnie at 410-609-3188 or online.